Our legacy background is real estate development. We are currently focused on the following strategies.
(1) Zoned and Entitled Multi-Family Land Acquisitions: We seek sites in Virginia, Carolinas, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, and Texas that are currently zoned and entitled for townhouse or multi-family development. These sites are generally a minimum 20 acres with zoning for a minimum 250 units, located on the perimeter of the current development activity within secondary and tertiary markets. This also includes large master-planned, multi-use communities that contain a multi-family component.
(2) Retail Pad Site Development Acquisitions: Identifying underutilized commercial land that can be developed and turned into future pad sites. A subsequent closing is conditioned upon our development company obtaining the appropriate plan approvals. These sites should be within strong retail corridors and heavily trafficked locations – ideally hard corners with intersected lights with traffic counts of at least 20,000 – 25,000 vehicles per day. We acquire these sites and take them through the entitlement and development process in tandem with identified retailers that are in expansion mode in major and secondary MSAs nationwide.
(3) In the Greater Philadelphia Area, acquire controlling interest or work in strategic partnership with existing land owners to implement site improvements and work towards securing residential sub-division approvals for future sale to national home builders.
(4) We are active as both telecom operators, developers, and advisors pursuant to acquisitions, new development, and distressed turnarounds of cell tower portfolios. We acquire existing portfolios where we can apply our operational experience and developed ecosystem. On a select basis, we will develop new projects through a sales leaseback or build-to-suit structure with a minimum 5 – 10 year investment-grade contracts with a historical track record throughout the United States, Nigeria, South Africa, and Southeast Asia.
(5) Our interests also includes the student housing market. We focus on value-add and development opportunities that are within a few blocks of Tier I and Tier II Public and Private Universities where we see evidence of significant enrollment growth and underserved housing demands. Our minimum requirement is 150 beds per asset.
(6) Throughout the Eastern United States, we will look at the value-add and redaptive development of work-force multi-family real estate assets (minimum 250 units) with an emphasis on in-fill locations. As an example, this can include opportunistic acquisition of an office asset that is ripe for conversion.
Global Partnership Strategies:
In addition to our core family business practices, we assist in overseeing the U.S. interests for a prominent non-U.S. family to identify proprietary technologies, alternative investments, and strategic relationships where we can create value by providing more meaningful scalability.
Our strategies with this family and their vast network of partners include the following:
Create relationships with opportunities at the transactional and corporate level within real estate, oil & gas, infrastructure, defense, alternative energy, agriculture, blockchain technology, healthcare technology, and entertainment production.
Through real estate, we will also review large construction lending, strategic opportunities, and quiet fee-simple interest acquisitions.
Along with their legacy track record within the energy sector, we will review strategic relationships within all sectors of traditional and renewable energy sources (i.e. oil & gas, LNG, renewable energy, sea turbine technology, and other unconventional sources of energy).
Lower Middle Market Businesses:
Our focus includes growth equity, buyout, and roll-up scenarios in manufacturing, logistics, distribution, business services, and banking/financial services. Our collective expertise enables us to provide the business development acumen that leverages our extensive banking, and legal relationships in providing guidance to the corporate budget and strategic planning efforts.
These companies are reasonably-valued, profitable, smaller businesses with revenues of between $5 and $50 million and EBITDA from $1 million to $5 million.
Within these parameters, focus on companies with platform potential – unique assets and capabilities that, when combined with capital as well as outside expertise, make accelerated growth possible. Our selection criteria identifies those companies possessing strong management teams with recurring revenues and strong gross margins. Our preference is to see manageable capital expenditures and operating expenses that are typically highly variable.